Division: Home Health
Are you in search of a new career opportunity that makes a meaningful impact? If so, now is the time to find your calling at Enhabit Home Health & Hospice.
As a national leader in home-based care, Enhabit is consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in the country. We’re committed to expanding what’s possible for patient care in the home, all while fostering a unique culture that is both innovative and collaborative.
At Enhabit, the best of what’s next starts with us. We not only make it a priority to maintain an ethical and stable workplace but also continually invest in our employees. By extending ongoing professional development opportunities and providing cutting-edge technology solutions, we ensure our employees are always moving their careers forward and prepared to deliver a better way to care for our patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Enhabit offers competitive benefits that support and promote healthy lifestyle choices. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Enhabit Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Front Office Administrative Specialist / Human Resources Designee to join our team. This position maintains the branch office, processes accounts payable and assists with medical supply management. The Administrative Specialist / HR Designee assists the Branch Director with ensuring that branch employees are supported related to important human resources needs and information, in addition to keeping electronic personnel files up to date.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Answer busy multiline phone for agency office. Screen calls and route to the appropriate staff member.
- Manage the reception area. Greet guests courteously and announce their arrival in a professional manner.
Process incoming and outgoing mail daily.
Order and medical supplies according to policy; ensure proper assignment of patient designation for budgetary purposes.
Receive and process accounts payable timely.
- Process and maintain HR documentation within Homecare Homebase and PeopleSoft.
- Conduct the orientation process for all new employees.
- Serve as an extension of the Home Office (corporate HR )department to provide key messaging to employees; refer employee back to Home Office HR as needed to ensure accurate information is provided.
- Process payroll and mileage analysis reports for employees.
The right person for this position will be an excellent communicator, personable, very well organized, and will have exceptional multitasking skills.
- Must have at least 6 month of previous work experience in a medical or healthcare office.
- Be tech savvy with strong typing skills.
- Previous HR experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working with an EMR system is preferred. Experience working with Homecare Homebase (HCHB) is a plus.
- Must be able to handle a busy multiline phone while remaining friendly and professional.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!