Division: Home Office
Encompass Health’s home health & hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation, we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based care.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Position Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
*Employee will need to be office based for the first 90 days of employment. Once fully trained, employee will be able to choose either a 2 or 3 day hybrid schedule.
The cash application specialist is responsible for gathering, posting, and balancing all payments that are received.
- Manage the transfer of Medicare 835 documents from other RCM sources to Homecare Homebase (HCHB).
- Balance weekly and month end bank deposit reports.
- Work closely with accountants to resolve balancing discrepancies.
- Retrieve HCHB reports to compile Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for balancing to Medicare payments.
- Manage Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for Medicare offsets, adjustments, interest, and acquisition payments.
- Post Medicare interest and assist to identify and correct errors with cash estimate spreadsheets to balance Medicare spreadsheets.
- Ensure all payments are posted accurately and within the week that are received.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of payment posting experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting remittance advices and explanation of benefits is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Solid understanding of formulas and how they work.
- Must have demonstrated experience with typing, 10-key, and clerical skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.