Patient Coverage Area: The Woodlands and surrounding areas
Are you in search of a new career opportunity that makes a meaningful impact? If so, now is the time to find your calling at Enhabit Home Health & Hospice.
As a national leader in home-based care, Enhabit is consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in the country. We’re committed to expanding what’s possible for patient care in the home, all while fostering a unique culture that is both innovative and collaborative.
At Enhabit, the best of what’s next starts with us. We not only make it a priority to maintain an ethical and stable workplace but also continually invest in our employees. By extending ongoing professional development opportunities and providing cutting-edge technology solutions, we ensure our employees are always moving their careers forward and prepared to deliver a better way to care for our patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Enhabit offers competitive benefits that support and promote healthy lifestyle choices. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Enhabit Home Health & Hospice is seeking an experienced hospice RN to join our Hospice Team as a Hospice Admissions Nurse. The Hospice Admissions Nurse is a Registered Nurse and whose responsibility is to present Enhabit services and philosophy to patients and families with the primary goal of providing a safe transition onto hospice services.
- Develop transition plans that are patient-centered, promoting quality and efficiency in the delivery of hospice care.
- Represent Enhabit in activities involving professional contacts with patients/families, physicians, hospitals/facilities, senior living communities, professional associations, and similar health groups and institutions, to educate them of the availability of hospice services.
- Participate in planning, operation and evaluation of hospice admission services.
- Perform client visits in a timely, professional and appropriate manner per standards of care.
These services are performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and the established plan of care, under the direction and supervision of the Branch Director.
The Hospice Admissions Nurse - Registered Nurse RN must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a graduate of an approved school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state in which he/she currently practices
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and possess effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience is preferred.
- Oncology, sales, or Medicare hospice experience is preferred.
- Must understand the issues related to the delivery of hospice care and be able to problem-solve effectively
- Be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks of critical importance simultaneously and function well in an atmosphere of stress and interruption
- Must exhibit the ability to interact well with a great diversity of individuals and the ability to organize and execute the hospice admission process
- Possess a valid state driver's license
- Have automobile liability insurance and dependable transportation kept in good working condition
- Be able to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions