Patient Coverage Area: Madison-Limestone county
Are you in search of a new career opportunity that makes a meaningful impact? If so, now is the time to find your calling at Enhabit Home Health & Hospice.
As a national leader in home-based care, Enhabit is consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in the country. We’re committed to expanding what’s possible for patient care in the home, all while fostering a unique culture that is both innovative and collaborative.
At Enhabit, the best of what’s next starts with us. We not only make it a priority to maintain an ethical and stable workplace but also continually invest in our employees. By extending ongoing professional development opportunities and providing cutting-edge technology solutions, we ensure our employees are always moving their careers forward and prepared to deliver a better way to care for our patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Enhabit offers competitive benefits that support and promote healthy lifestyle choices. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Enhabit Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Hospice Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the hospice volunteer program and ensures the right volunteers are matched with the right families during the difficult transition.
- Recruit, select, train, and coordinate hospice volunteers.
- Design and deliver volunteer programs and services to meet patient, family and partner needs and enhance the customer experience
- Assign volunteers based on program needs and the volunteers’ interests and skills.
- Monitor and evaluate volunteers’ performance.
- Plan and conduct volunteer support meetings, volunteer appreciation gatherings, and volunteer retreats.
- Facilitate community awareness and support of Enhabit Hospice volunteer program.
- Assist Medical Social Work with community bereavement awareness as assigned.
This is a part time position. Hospice Volunteer Coordinators typically work 10-20 hours each week.
- Hospice experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Strong typing skills, clerical skills, and be competent with computers.
- Must have demonstrated experience in volunteer activity, and the ability to execute a supportive and sensitive approach to volunteer and patient/family need.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!