Division: Home Office
Encompass Health’s home health & hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation, we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based care.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Position Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
The Director of SEC & External Financial Reporting is responsible for the preparation and filing of all financial-related reports issued to external parties. Such reports include, but may not be limited to, periodic reports filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, separate opinion reports filed with state regulatory agencies or prepared at the request of various joint venture partners, and benefit plan financial statements.
The Director of SEC & External Financial Reporting is responsible for the Company’s 302 subcertification process under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This position serves as a resource for technical accounting guidance and implementation of new authoritative guidance.
- Prepare initial drafts of external reports.
- Ensure external reports meet applicable US GAAP, SEC, and other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate SEC filings to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Research various reporting disclosure issues.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with Home Office stakeholders.
- Conduct continual improvement of the financial reporting process.
- Improve financial reporting packages, disclosure certification process and report tie out.
- Manage the financial reporting team.
- Ensures all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensures the financial reporting team complies with policies and procedures.
- Maintain documentation of performance of key controls.
- Assist with special projects/analyses as required.
- Contribute ideas toward improving workflow efficiencies.
- Assist with the implementation of new FASB and SEC pronouncements.
- Interpret, monitor and document the status of emerging accounting developments.
- CPA required.
- BS in Accounting required; Masters Degree a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of relative experience with strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC accounting, and FASB technical reporting issues (prior Big 4 experience preferred).
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Must have proven ability and experience of communicating complex financial information to high-level executives with a non-financial background.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Ability to monitor, interpret, and implement accounting standards updates.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and statistical skills.