Division: Home Office
Encompass Health’s home health & hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation, we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based care.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Position Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
Hybrid Eligibilty: Employee will need to be office based for the first 90 days of employment. Once fully trained, employee will be able to choose either a 2 or 3 day hybrid schedule.*
The staff accountant II regional is responsible for maintaining the general ledger throughout the month (including month-end close), preparing financial statements, completing financial analysis, and for communicating with branch offices for assigned entities. The staff accountant II can post and self-approve entries up to $50,000.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for assigned entities.
- Prepare journal entries appropriately, including, but not limited to, depreciation, insurance, amortization of prepaid expenses, home office and administrative allocations, and revenue recognition.
- Analyze monthly financial statements, including cost per visit, cost per patient day, and variance against prior year and budget, month to date and year to date; provide concise explanations to support findings.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account and provide detail reconciliations in a timely manner, escalating issues as necessary to ensure a resolution.
- Prepare key performance indicators (KPIs) and conduct monthly branch calls for assigned entities.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
- Analyze and input annual budget data for assigned branches, including staff review and existing expense trends.
- Prepare valid explanations of inconsistencies in budgeted data and existing trends.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting.
- Must have a minimum of two years' demonstrated experience working in an accounting department.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology and software, especially the Microsoft office suite, including Excel and the ability to use complex pivots and functions.
- Must have the ability to interact positively with levels of personnel across all functions, and must be a self-starter who requires minimum supervision.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with a desire and ability to maintain excellent accounting records and documentation.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.