Division: Home Office
Encompass Health’s home health & hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation, we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based care.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
*Employee will need to be office based for the first 90 days of employment. Once fully trained, employee will be able to choose either a 2 or 3 day hybrid schedule.
The accounts payable (AP) coordinator serves as the primary AP contact for assigned branches and its related processes. This position will ensure all invoices submitted for payment by assigned branches are accurately processed, paid timely, and are in accordance with policies and standard operating procedures. The AP coordinator will ensure local vendor maintenance and that payments are processed in a Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliant environment.
- Maintain communication with AP contact at each branch and in assigned departments
- Perform all tasks in accordance with policies, standard operating procedures, and local, state, and federal compliance requirements.
- Review all invoices in the document management solutions, Worldview, Kofax, or FileBound, from assigned branches or vendor groups; ensure accuracy, adequate supporting documentation, and branch approvals.
- Establish new vendors and contracts; request IRS Form W-9 and maintain knowledge of IRS 1099 reporting requirements, including box six for medical and health care reporting requirements.
- Ensure vendor balances are researched and reconciled; follow up on past due invoices, ensure correct processing, and request invoice copies and vendor information documentation, as needed.
- Support and establish new employee vendor records in the AP and expense reporting systems; ensure accuracy and confidentially of all data fields.
- Support and process the distribution of vendor direct deposit and check payments; coordinate with other financial departments, secure appropriate signatures, and distribute payments.
- Support, process, and audit employee expense reports.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and documentation of AP processes.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of the IRS Form 1099s annually.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated competency with computers.
- Must have basic skills in Microsoft office, especially Excel and Word.
- At least six months office experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and problem-solve in a high volume, interactive environment while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Must be adept at communicating with a broad range of individuals and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with a diverse group of peers and customers.
- Must be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with a desire and ability to maintain excellent records.
- Must understand that the integrity of an accounting environment is measured by accuracy, transparency, and risk management.