Division: Home Office
Encompass Health’s home health & hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation, we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based care.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Position Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
The Director of Regulatory Affairs monitors, researches and analyzes local, state and federal statutory and regulatory developments, issues, and legislation, provides advice on policy issues, provides occasional written correspondence to government agencies, anticipates and protects the company against risks, and works closely with the General Counsel and VP of Government Relations to develop and recommend company policy.
Additionally this position will summarize, gather financial impacts and disseminate updates of all significant changes to the Senior Management and Operations teams to ensure the organization is proactively addressing key issues. The Director of Regulatory Affairs will also work closely with Legal and Operations, and as needed, with local, state and federal legislative, regulatory, and executive officials.
- Track potential issues at the local, state and federal levels, both legislation and regulations, which may impact Company. Ensures proper company personnel are notified of pending issues.
- Work with company lobbyists / trade associations by reviewing summaries of their work product to assist in addressing all issues that may impact operations.
- Read, analyze, and interpret new and existing legislation, statutes, rules and regulations. Timely and accurately disseminate summaries and impact analyses to the appropriate company personnel and assist with implementation of the same.
- Keep updated and current in job knowledge through local, state and federal governmental / trade association websites, and other industry related materials.
- Take ownership and lead Special Projects and other duties as assigned or requested to support needs of organization.
- Keep updated and current on applicable legal, regulatory, and statutory developments and requirements (regulations, industry guidance, changes in law, etc.).
- Participate in the creation / modification of local / regional policies and procedures, as needed.
- Coordinate with legal and regulatory team to provide advice regarding issues identified, as appropriate.
- Juris Doctor strongly preferred.
- Minimum one to five years of healthcare, legal, policy/governmental affairs experience or legislative clinic program.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.