Division: Home Office
Encompass Health’s home health & hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation, we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based care.
Position Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
The Chief Corporate Development Officer is responsible for growing Enhabit Home Health & Hospice through acquisitions, joint ventures, and de novo operations. This position will collaborate with executive leaders to create the inorganic home health and hospice growth strategy, and will manage implementation by the development team. Working collaboratively with the executive, sales, and operational teams, the Chief Corporate Development Officer will ensure that Enhabit Home Health & Hospice accomplishes growth objectives while mitigating potential risk.
- Develop annual strategy for acquisitions, joint ventures and de novo operations that outline the home health & hospice growth objectives.
- Manage the implementation of growth strategy by the development team; sourcing, negotiating, underwriting, and closing transactions.
- Create, maintain, and expand relationships with larger home health and hospice companies, investment bankers and advisors, and private equity firms; identify opportunity for large-scale acquisition.
- Provide pipeline updates to the executive teams, monthly, and boards of directors, quarterly.
- Collaborate with regional sales and operational leadership to identify opportunities for inorganic growth.
- Ensure the due diligence review process is thorough and completed timely; work with the executive teams to identify and appropriately mitigate risk areas.
- Collaborate with executive leadership for strategic operations to ensure the due diligence process allows for successful assimilation, integration, and training of newly acquired companies.
- Accomplish annual development objectives; achieve acquired revenue and targets for earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization.
- Must have a bachelor degree in business, accounting, or finance. An MBA or advanced degree would be preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate development in a large, multiple location corporation.
- Meaningful M&A transaction experience that includes hands-on experience in prospecting opportunities, deal structuring, managing due diligence, and negotiating transaction terms.
- Strong financial background and ability to demonstrate a balance between being highly strategic, with a deep understanding of the financial implications of prospective deals.
- Previous experience working with a Medicare-certified home health or hospice organization is highly preferred.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the federal, state, and local laws and regulations that govern the operation of a Medicare certified home health or hospice.
- Previous demonstrated experience in strategic planning is preferred.
- Must have strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to meet development quotas and have a solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, and business development.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, especially financial modeling in Excel, is preferred.