Hospice is a philosophy of care and our team of caring professionals are dedicated to providing physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional comfort to patients and their loved ones. Are you in search of a new career opportunity that makes a meaningful impact in your community? If so, now is the time to find your calling at Enhabit Home Health & Hospice.
Enhabit is seeking a Hospice Director to lead our team in Oklahoma City.
Enhabit Hospice teams provide care to patients, their families, and work closely with other health care professionals during the final stages of patients' lives. Our hospice teams work in private homes, residential care facilities, nursing centers, and other hospice care environments. Our nurses must be capable of compassionate communication with patients and families, have keen observation skills, high ethical standards, and knowledge of when to alert doctors and others about changes in patients' conditions.
As a national leader in home-based care, Enhabit is consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in the country. We’re committed to expanding what’s possible for patient care in the home, all while fostering a unique culture that is both innovative and collaborative.
At Enhabit, the best of what’s next starts with us. Subject to employee eligibility, Enhabit provides:
- Cutting-edge technology for seamless connections between patients, caregivers and physicians
- Employee resources provided that build clinical knowledge, encourage evidence-based best practices, and promote individual careers; Continuing education opportunities
- Incentivized bonus plan
- Stable, ethical, and supportive workplace; corporate stability
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees – 30 days
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Fleet Program; Mileage Reimbursement
The Hospice Director is a Registered Nurse who manages all aspects of terminal care for our hospice patients. The RN Hospice Director leads our coordinated team of hospice experts.
The RN Hospice Director must have excellent communication skills and the ability to execute an effective, supportive, sensitive approach in response to needs of the employees, the patients and their families.
Expertise in pain and symptom management is required.
- Supervises the staff and the day-to-day office and clinical operations, manages the documentation requirements, service coordination and the case management.
- Plans the delivery, coordination, and the interdisciplinary team interventions for the Branch Hospice agency. Responsible for the assignment of appropriate staff members to patients/families, and will be acting team staff nurse when necessary.
- Participate in community awareness and education programs.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment
- Must have a minimum of two years of nursing experience within the past 36 months and one year of experience in a hospice setting
- Must have a thorough understanding of the federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing hospice operations
- Must be competent with computers