Division: Home Office
Encompass Health’s home health & hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation, we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based care.
Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
The Chief Tax Officer plans and directs all aspects of the Company’s tax policies and objectives and ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local tax regulations while working to minimize tax liability and maximize after tax profits.
- Ensure timely filing of federal/state income tax, ad valorem, franchise, sales and use, property and all other tax returns
- Advise senior management of proposed or enacted tax law changes and their impact on the Company
- Advise on tax planning strategies and initiatives to minimize tax exposure and maximize cash flow
- Advise senior management on tax implications of contemplated business transactions
- Recommend structuring alternatives to minimize current and ongoing tax exposure
- Advise senior management on company’s uncertain tax positions
- Ensure compliance with internal financial controls over income tax accounting and reporting
- Serve as a ‘section 302 certifier’ for SOX reporting purposes
- Oversee major financial and accounting objectives including tax accounting calculations and disclosures for financial reporting
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s internal controls related to tax matters
- Ensure timely response and resolution of notices, levies, etc.
- Manage activities associated with audits performed by federal, state and local jurisdictions
- Assess and recommend the organizational structure for the Company’s tax department, weighing the pros and cons of co-sourcing, outsourcing and insourcing of team members
- CPA required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study required
- Master’s degree in Tax preferred
- Minimum 10 years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or substantial experience supporting corporate and partnership clients is required
- Previous experience with a large public accounting firm is a plus
- Experience supervising others required, including increasing responsibility supervising and developing direct reports
- Experience with tax software applications preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Knowledge/understanding of corporate and partnership financial accounting and tax treatment, including familiarity with corporate and partnership tax return forms and supporting schedules.