The Therapy Technician is vital to assisting our rehab nurses and therapists with the rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. Therapy Technicians assist our therapist and nurses with setting up equipment to assist in the rehab process, help to ensure a fun/safe working environment, and much more! In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in assisting therapists and nurses with daily care and patient therapy as delegated.
- Communicates to nurses and therapists on patient performance, condition and participation during delegated patient care activities.
- Defers any information requests from physicians, patients, visitors etc regarding the patient’s condition, diagnosis, prognosis, progress, plan of care or discharge plan to nurses or therapists.
The Therapy Technician creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients will spend 2-4 weeks at our hospital, and our technicians assist the therapist with treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly to their homes.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Our Company employs some of the latest technology for our rehab hospitals. Our therapist will use standard and advanced therapy technologies - depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you reach your career goals - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
License or Certification:
· CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
Address: 2901 SR 50, Clermont 34711
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: STCLER037