The Human Resources Assistant, under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, provides administrative support to the human resources function to include, but not limited to, recruitment and retention of staff, benefits administration, orientation of staff, worker's compensation, and policy administration. This position is focused on primarily transactional, as opposed to strategic, human resource functions. The Human Resources Assistant functions as a receptionist to the Human Resources department. This position assists with data entry and online employee license verification. The Human Resources Assistant is the front line for providing customer service to employee and manager needs. The Human Resources Assistant assists in federal, state, and Joint Commission survey preparedness activities. The Human Resources Assistant must have very strong organizational skills, the ability to keep employee information confidential, and have strong computer skills.
Job Code: 100177
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field preferred. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of one year of administrative support/secretarial experience, preferably in Human Resources and/or healthcare.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 900 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire 54701
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: STEAU006